Monday 3 November 2008

Colin Wong

With my toast and tea this morning I also had an email from Colin Wong. He tells me that I have the same name as a client of his who has died from a heart condition brought on by the death of his entire family in a plane crash in Malaysia. (I'm called Smith, a common name I know, but I doubt if many people in Malaysia are called Smith!)

Anyhow he wants me to help him dispose of $18m.

COLIN WONG & CO.
1ST FLOOR JALAN SUSUR
BATU 21, TAMAN NAM TAK
80000 KUALA LUMPUR
MALAYSIA

Good Day,

I am COLIN WONG, an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine,who
hereinafter shall be referred to as my client, died as theresult of a
heart-relatedcondition on the 11 November 2001.His heart condition was
due to the death of all the members of his family in the Gulf Air
Flight Crashes in Persian Gulf Near Bahrain Aired August 23,2000 -
2:50 p.m. ET as reported
on:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0008/23/bn.08..html

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind
by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the
bank where this deposit valued at EIGHTEEN MILLION TWO HUNDRED
THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS.(US$ 18,200,000.00 USD ).is lodged.

This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the
account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the
next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the
same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to
you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage.

All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin
will be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable
us see this transaction through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
you frommany breach of the law. If this business proposition offends
your moral values,do accept my apology.

I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the
utmostindulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential,
whatever your decision, while Iawait your prompt response. Please
contact me at once to indicate your interest.

Contact email : consultandlaw54@live.co.uk

Warmest Regards,

Barrister Colin Wong
(Attorney At Law)


As ever, Barrister Wong doesn't exist. At least not as a barrister. He's a scammer. He wants you to send him money, not the other way around. If you do reply he will ask for a fee to send you the money. There is no money. Delete the email and don't reply to it.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics