Tuesday 28 October 2008

Fake bank emails

Like most of you I get my share of emails supposedly from banks. All seem to have trouble and all want me to reconfirm my details. Here is an example I received today:

"Dear Lloyds TSB Customer, Our Technical Service department has recently updated our online banking services, and due to this upgrade we sincerely call your attention to follow below link and reconfirm your online account details.
Failure to confirm the online banking details will suspend you from accessing your account online.
Please Click Here To Start . *Important Notice*
You are strictly advised to match your Security details rightly to avoid service denial. "


NEVER follow the links in these emails. They all take you to phishing websites, where the scammers are hoping you will give them your account details - username, password, memorable information. In fact everything they need to access your bank account and take your money.

If you do use online banking and you think any of these emails might be real. DON'T click on a link. Phone your bank and ask them. They won't mind, and if the email is genuine they will be able to explain.

I have online banking - and I have the account set so that they do not send me emails. So I know that any emails I do receive must be phishing emails

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics